UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Siemens IQ500 washing machine, and somehow the door…

Customer Question
Hi there I have...

Hi there I have a Siemens IQ500 washing machine, and somehow the door is locked and there's just a 0 on the screen, and a symbol like a key flashing...it won't open

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

One sec...I'll look

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It just says IQ500... No way, I'm a piano player; basically clueless

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Someone bumped against the buttons a couple nights ago and it beeped...it hasn't opened since then. I feel like it's a software glitch.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
10/16/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 9 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

If the key is shown then the child lock is turned on. To turn this off depends on the model of the washer as IQ500 is just the range.

But the most common ways of turing this off is as below.

Press and hold the start button for several seconds and see if this turns it off.

If not then see if theres a finish in / ready in button. It will have a picture of a clock on it. Press and hold this button for several seconds and that should turn the lock off from there.

Try them and see what happens. But if they dont work then let me know the model number and i can advise further.