UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

I've got a Smeg 12045 showing an E1 error message. It's due

Customer Question
to a leak, and I...
I've got a Smeg 12045 showing an E1 error message. It's due to a leak, and I took it out, tilted it to get the water out (didn't open anything first, as water poured out anyway), but the display still says E1. Am I missing a step on the way or is it a leak inside that I cannot rectify myself?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: UK Appliance
10/10/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

When you cleared the water from the base did it try and start a cycle but then come on with the E1 again?

Or did the error code not turn off at all?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The E1 came on again, after having disappeared. But I didn't clear the water from the base in any controllers way - water just spilled out when I tipped it. Not sure if there is a more "orderly fashion" in which to do it...?

Thats how you clear the base of these as you just lean it backwards 45 degrees and the water can drain out from the base onto the floor.

So if you done this but it came back with the E1 error code then theres something in there leaking.

If you can then you need to remove both the side panels and there you can see the workings under there. Inspect the hoses and the wash motor under there as these are the most common things under there to leak.

Check them out if you can and see what you find from there.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Will try tomorrow. What am I looking for? I've never seen the inside of a dishwasher before, so any clue would be a huge help!

You will see a few black rubber hoses and a motor and pump.

Have a look at this video on Youtube as it shows how to access the inside and check things in there.

Click here

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician