UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

DRYER STOPS DRYING AFTER A FEW MINS. LOGIXX 10 NEW

Customer Question
DRYER STOPS DRYING...

DRYER STOPS DRYING AFTER A FEW MINS

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

LOGIXX 10 NEW DIMENSION

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

THE PROGRAMME ONCE SET...KEEPS GOING TO 0000

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
my number is ***** martin
Thank you
10/6/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Can you post the model number please.

Also when it stops are you getting any flashing lights?

And do you feel any heat at all in there before it stops?

logi xx 10 new Dimension
no flashing lights
cloths are warm /ok
But Programme stops .. and beep beep sounds.. and timer back to zero

Sorry i need the model number please as the Logixx 10 is just the range.

If you open the door there will be a sticker on the inside the door with the model details on it. It starts E-nr

E-nrWTB76556GB/06 FD8906 300245

Thanks for that.

When you set it going feel the vent outside and see if you have a good airflow coming out from there and let me know.

YEP...VENT IS FINE
AIRFLOW FINE
COULD IT BE PROGRAMME SETTINGS

Thats fine. If the air flow is good then its either the temperture sensor or control board at fault causing this.

As with it heating you can rule the heater and thermostat out on this. And the airflow is good so again all it leaves is the temperture sensor or the control board.

Now these are a bit of a strip down as the sensor is attached to the front airduct of the dryer. But to access this you need to remove the top panel and the back and remove the drum from there.

Once the drum is out of the way you can then access the temperture sensor in the airduct. It will have 2 thin wires going to it. Test this with a multi meter and see what reading you get. It should be in the Kohms scale. If faulty then it needs to be replaced.

But if the sensor is fine then im afraid its looking like the control unit could be the fault here and will need to be replaced.

Hi

I see the question is still open here, Do you still need help on this?

If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks