UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Three fault flashes on dishwasher what does this mean?

Customer Question
Three fault flashes on...

Three fault flashes on dishwasher what does this mean ?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Whirlpool ADG 7460

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can I guess ?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Machine keeps reverting back to cold cycle no matter what cycle choose !

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 2 days by:
10/8/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

3 flashes is F3 error code.

F3 indicates a fault in the heating circuit of the appliance.

This could be the heater, wiring or main control board.

It can also be a combination of these.

For diy repair, you will need to have, and be able to use, a multimeter.

Unplug the appliance and take the cover below the door off.

4 torx screws hold this on.

Beware of the extremely sharp edges on the metal work.

Look inside and see if there has been a leak.

If not, the tube heater is directly in front of you.

Disconnect it and test the heater to see if it's open circuit.

If so then you need to replace the heater unit in there.

But if the heater is fine then remove the outer door panel and there you will see the wiring in there. Give each wire a tug one at a time and see if theres any broken wires in there.

So check them and see what you find from there as the 3 flashes you have is a heating fault.

Hi

I see the question is still open here. Do you still need help on this?

If so then just get back to me, If not then if you could remember to click the star ratins at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks