UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Every time I turn on the hob it's locked with the L I got it…

Customer Question
Every time I turn...

Every time I turn on the hob it's locked with the L I got it unlocked buy once it's turned off it comes back how do I stop this happening

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just today it flashes up ER03

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I got it unlocked once but failing to do it again since

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It's a candy sprinter model PVD640\1C

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
The L lock symbol comes up once the main power supply is turned off and on again once you turn it on at the on button on the hob it appears
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Instructions, Diagram etc. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/4/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

To turn the control lock its as below.

Turn the hob on so it shows L

Then you need to press the - and the front right + buttons at the same time

Then press the - button again and that should turn the lock off.

Try that and see how it goes. now it may not do it first time so try it a few times and see how it goes from there and let me know.

Should it flash Er03
It flashes up and once I let go to press the minus key it blinks of an the hob goes off and when I turn it on it's still locked with the L

E03 is a fault on the electronic control board im afraid.

So if its not unlocking and flashing the er03 then im afraid its looking like the control board is the fault here.

One thing you can try if you havent is turn the power off to the hob and leave it off for 30 minutes as this can discharge the capaitors on there and can sometimes do a hard reset.

Then turn it back on and see how it goes from there.

If still the same then im afraid its looking like the control board itself in there is the fault and will need to be replaced on this.

Can the control board be replaced without having to buy a whole new job unit
Hob unit I meant

Yes it can be but it isnt cheap. You are looking at £140 just for the board im afraid.

Is there anyway that you can do the reset other than just turn it off and is this a comman problem any idea what might have caused it

Theres no reset on these. Just sometimes turning it off can discharge the capacitor and do a bit of a hard reset.

Control boards do fail on these hobs so its not uncommon for them to fail. As to what caused it then it can just fail without doing anything to it.

Ok Ive it off now so I'm going to try it once more and see how it goes I got it unlocked earlier on but not since thanks for all your help

Your welcome. Fingers crossed this works but it is a long shot im afraid.

Ive tried that again today it is flashing, Er22 now

ER22 means ''Key evaluation defective, control cuts off'' Basically this is a control unit fault. The service manual states for the er22 fault the control board is faulty and will need to be replaced.

Basically all the faults you have here is all pointing towards the control board im afraid, Sorry

Hi

I see the question is still open here, Do you still need help on this?

If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician