UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I wonder if you can help me. I just bought a Samsung fridge…

Customer Question
Hi there I wonder...

Hi there I wonder if you can help me

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I just bought a Samsung fridge freezer today but have a noise I think is door alarm

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Is new

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have to take of the doors to can fit through the door

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
display temperature don’t drop from +23 for freezer and +18 for fridge
10/3/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Can you post the model number please.

I can do that rsa1rtmg1/xeu
Samsung

Ok is there any cooling inside the fridge or freezer?

At moment fridge temperature is +3 but the freezer is +22
the door alarm is still on every 1 minute

Ok when you put it into place did you plug it on stright away or leave it a few hours?

Also is this brand new?

is brand new and also i plug in after 30min

When you move fridge freezers you need to leave it to settle for about 4-8 hours as what happens is oil from the compressor gets into the system. So when you stand it upright and leave it the oil goes back into the compressor as normal.

So if its turned on stright away or within a hour or so then the compressor pumps the gas around the system and this will take the oil with it and it can block the pipe work up.

As the fridge section is cooling but not the freezer then as this is a single compressor then this is a system fault here.

Now you can try and turn it off and leave it 24 hours and hopefully the oil may settle back down into the compressor.

But if that doesnt work then theres a fault in the system. For this you will need to get Samsung in for this. But as its brand new i would go for an exchange as you dont want them doing a system repair on this as when you break into the system it weakens it so you are more prone for break downs further down the line.

So try that and see how it goes but if turning it off doesnt work then im afraid its a fault on the sealed system side here.

Ok I understand this part and thank you for that but the door alarm it will be fixed as well after this process
also the freezer I can see is very cold inside but the display show +22

Its not a door alarm thats going off its a temperture warning as the freezer isnt reaching temperture so thats why the alarm is going off.

As to the freezer is there anything in there thats frozen?

Are you able to post a picture of the front control unit on the door?

But the door alarm is still on

Ok so looking at that then the system is fine so that one good thing.

If you open the fridge and freezer door and press the door switches yourself does this stop the alarm from going off?

I can’t see any door switches

Ok this case it uses a sensor in there instead.

Have you checked the wiring connections on the top of the doors near the hinge. As you would have had to disconnect the wiring to remove the doors.

Check the wires are fully attached and check for lose wiring pins on the block.

Check that and see what you find.

I checked is not any sign of loose wiring
Any advice Daniel

Ok if the wiring is fine then im at a lose as to what it can be without seeing it.

Im going to opt out of the question now and if another expert can help they will jump in.

Ok I will be here