UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My hotpoint washing machine is showing F05. It does not

Customer Question
My hotpoint washing machine...

My hotpoint washing machine is showing F05. It does not drain the water.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like try if it can be done by myself

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How can I resolve this problem

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
okay
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/2/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

F5 is a draining problem on this washer.

What you need to do is remove the plastic trim on the front at the bottom and there on the rigth hand side you will see the filter.

Remove this and give it a god clean out. But you may find this is full of water still so get a shallow tray under there and slacken the filter to slowerly drain the water out.

Once the water is out you can then fully remove the filter and give it a good clean out. Then look inside the chamber were the filter goes and at the back in there is the impeller X shape. Check theres nothing stuck in there stopping the impeller from turning.

Once thats all clear refit the filter and retry the washer and fingers crossed that sorted it.

But the F5 error code is a drianing issue on this.