UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am having an issue with my washing washing...yesterday I…

Customer Question
I am having an...

I am having an issue with my washing washing...yesterday I managed to do 2 loads of washing ...started a 3rd and I could hear the soap being taken from the 2 compartments but then it just stops

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Indesit IWDC6143

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

And I would say almost 2 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It belongs to my landlord... but it was definitely new when I moved in...I have just emptied the manual drainage and have tried it again but it's doing the same thing

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
10/1/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Hi

If you select a spin only cycle does the pump run and will the drum turn?

If not then does the pump run for a few seconds then stops, Waits a few more seconds and does the same?

Regards

Hello... I have just put it on a spin cycle the drum has not turned and I have watched it for an hour. It makes humming noises then stops...humming noises stops but no turning at all.

Ok if the drum isnt turning at all then its more then likel worn carbon brushes in the motor causing this.

If you are looking at fixing this yourself then you need to pull the washer out and remove the back panel.

There you will see the motor at the bottom, You need to remove the motor from there.

Then at the back of the motor are the carbon brushes. Remove these and see if worn.

If so then you need to replace them and then fingers crossed this cures the fault from there.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Hi

I see the question is still open here, Do you still need help on this?

If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks