UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I would need advise how to change a temperature sensor on my…

Customer Question
I would need advise...

I would need advise how to change a temperature sensor on my Whirlpool double drawer dishwasher : it shows error code F1

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The dishwasher is about 7 - 9 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I do

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing I can think of

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
10/1/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Do you have the model number of the dishwasher pleasee?

Arh, This is actually a Fisher and Paykell dishwasher just badged up Whirlpool.

F1 on this isnt a faulty temperture sensor as this error code is only on the Whirlpool built dishwashers.

F1 on this is water has leaked into the bottom of the dishwasher.

Remove the lower drawer. Hold the front of the drawer in one hand and release the clips located on each side of the drawer with your other hand. Pull the drawer forward about 2 inches and lift. Put the drawer on its side. Exercise caution, because of the cables and wire attached.

Feel the bottom of the base for any water and soak it up with towels. The F1 sensor is attached to the bottom panel. The F1 sensor is a raised portion about one-third of the way from the left-hand side.

Inspect the hose that supplies water to the dishwasher. The connections need to be tight so no water leaks out. Also look over the water supply hose for cracks, holes or worn spots. If you find any, replace the hose with a new one.Examine the drain hoses. If the hoses are kinked, straighten them out. If you find any worn spots or the hoses are leaking, replace them. Remove the hose and see if anything is blocking it. Go outside and use a water hose to run some water through the hose to make sure it is clear. When you reinstall the hose, make sure the connections are tight.

Try that if you can and see what you find from there.

thank you so far
I will see next week-end when I am home again

No worries thats fine.