UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

CDA wh140in continually trying to empty. 15mins. Can do ex…

Customer Question
CDA wh140in continually trying...

CDA wh140in continually trying to empty

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

15mins

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Can do ex mechanic

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Machine is beeping and flashing super , quick,and prewash lights. tried pulling plug and then repowering but same fault returns. unable to stop program running by 3 second press on prewash. I'm thinking empty sensor clogged or faulty

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/28/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Can you double check the model number please as its not coming up.

WC140IN/2

Thanks for that.

If the dishwasher is draining all the time then this is down to a water leak in the base which has activated the flood switch in there.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lean it 45 degs backwards and this will allow the water to drain out from the base. So you will need a towel for that part.

Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and this will stop the pump from running all the time.

Then retry it and fingers crossed this is just a one off that caused it.
But if it does it again then theres a leak under there which you need to find and fix. For this you need to remove both side panels and then you can see the workings under there and check for any loose hoses.

Try that and see how it goes from there and let me know.

Ok Thanks for that.A job for the morning I think

Ha ha, No worries im sure you can sort it from there.

Hi

I see the question is still open here. Do you still need anymore help on this?

If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to click the star rating at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks