UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Machine won't work - saying auto 0:01. Key is flashing so I…

Customer Question
Machine won't work - saying...
Machine won't work - saying auto 0:01. Key is flashing so I Have held and pressed start/pause key but that is not working so E N rnumber inside door is ...WVD24520GB/05
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
9/28/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

If the key is flashing and its showing 0:01 then this is the child lock thats turned on here.

All you need to do is press and hold the finish in button which is the picture of the clock.

Hold this button in for around 7 seconds till the key sign turns out.

Then it will finish the cycle and release the door from there.

Try that and see how it goes and let me know.

I am holding the clock button as you suggest but the key signal is not moving

Ok hold it for upto 20 seconds and see if it removes the key. As sometimes it can take longer so try that and see what happens.

Sat here for a good minute pressing clock key - no change

Ok if its not taking the child lock off then all it can be is a control board fault here.

As thats how you remove the child lock on this model. Its done by holding the Finish in button. So just try this and see what happens. Unplug the washer from the socket and leave it 30 minutes.

Then plug it back in and try again holding the clock button for 10 seconds and see if this removes it.

If it doesn then it can only be a faulty control board which will need to be replaced im afraid.

What does the finish button look like please? I have now turned off the main plug socket for half an hour

The finish button is the clock button.

If you look at the display screen under there is 4 buttons. Its the button on the far right that you need to press and hold.

Thanks
If it doesnt work in half an hour holding down the clock button - how do I sort the fault? Is there a number to callor technician

You can either call Bosch themselves on 0344(###) ###-####/p>

Or for a local repair company just do a google search of your area and they will come up with reviews you can check before using them.

I just turned it back on and held the clock key on for twenty seconds a nothing has changed. I recently had a plumber refit the bath and I'm wondering if this interfered as the machine worked fine before
How much will a repair cost me okease

Ok try this and see what happens.

Press and hold the start button for about 10 seconds and see what happens.

Now this another way of turning the lock off on different models. Yous says its down by the clock button but worth trying the start button just in case.

But if still the same then give Bosch a bell on the number i gave as they do different repair deals so they can let you know how much it will be from there.

Makes no difference holding the start button either. Key sign still actube

Ok try this as again on some models you need to press the clock button on the cycle it was on when the lock got turned on.

If you cannot remember which cycle it was on then you need to try them all.

Start dial from the top and try it on each cycle as you go round and see if it turns off on one of them.

this isn't working.. are you a technician or online reply service please? With so many replies I am wondering whether to just call you directly

I am a technician.

But if that isnt working then it has to be the control board. We have tried every possibley way that bosch do there child locks. So if none of the above is working then it has to be a faulty control boad here.

So the control board will need to be replaced on this to cure it. Now if you are handy at diy repairs then you can fix this yourself as you can get the part direct from Bosch and its a stright forward swap over as the wiring are just push fit connectors.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician