UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The error lights number 5 & 7 are flashing on my Hotpoint…

The error lights number 5...
The error lights number 5 & 7 are flashing on my Hotpoint BF1680 dishwasher and the machine stops working after a couple of minutes. What fault does this combination suggest?
9/25/2017
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Lights 5 and 7 indicate a fault in the heater circuit of the appliance.

You would need to unplug the appliance and take the side panels off.

Unplug the heater and test it with a multimeter to see if it's open circuit.

If it is, you need to first replace the heater and try again.

If it's ok, the likely fault is the main control board in the facia panel of the appliance.

Check the heater, check the wiring to the heater. See what you find.

Hope this is of some help

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician