UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a currys essentials dishwasher and all of the

Customer Question
programme lights on it are...
I have a currys essentials dishwasher and all of the programme lights on it are flashing one after another as though someone has their finger on the programme button constantly selecting one. While it's doing this it won't let me select a programme or start a wash. Which means it's pretty much not working. Don't all sorts to try and sort it but at a total loss now.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
9/24/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Can you post the model number please.

The model number is *****

Thanks for that.

So if you turn it off on the front and unplug it and leave it a few minutes when you turn it on is it still doing the same?

Also if you press the program button does it click each time you press it like the other buttons?

If i turn it off and on it makes no difference to the machine. None of the buttons work when it's switched on other than the delay button. If i push this it will stop the light from moving. But that is all. As soon as I let go of the button the light starts again.

Ok if its doing this then im afraid the control unit is faulty here.

But first you can try and remove the control board from the door and check the push buttons behind there.

Open the door and make sure its unplugged.

Then you need to remove the screws on the inside of the door holding the plastic console panel on.

Then from there you can remove the control board from the console panel.

There check the push buttons on the frame and see if they are jammed.

Once clear refit the board inside the console panel and retry it and see how it goes from there.

But if its still the same after that then the control board is faulty here and will need to be replaced.

Check that if you can and see what you find.

I will give that a try now then get back to you

No worries thats fine.

Right we took the control board off and checked it all and then noticed water in the bottom so drained it out. Turned the dishwasher on and all was well. So we put it on an hour wash, it started up as usual, could hear the whirring sound it usually makes and then it started beeping and when I went to look at it the 1 hour programme light was flashing really quickly.

The one hour light flashing mean theres either water in the base and its activated the flood switch or the control board is faulty.

Pull dishwasher out again and lean it 45 degrees backwards and see if any water comes out from the bottom.

If it does then retry the dishwasher and see how it goes from there.

But if theres no water in there then im afraid the control board itself is fault here.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open.

Do you still need help on this, If so then just get back to me. But if not if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Regards

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician