UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

Purchased a Zanussi ZDT24003FA dishwasher yesterday and

installed it myself. The electrical...
Purchased a Zanussi ZDT24003FA dishwasher yesterday and installed it myself. The electrical connection was completed by a qualified electrician and there is power to the machine.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: However it simply does not take in water on any cycle and there do not appear to be any Fault indicators".
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Only if it is something simple that I have missed or easily rectified using the programme buttons. How do you run a diagnostic test??
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Water connection appears okay, no kinks in the water supply pipe. Waste / outlet hose okay.. Strangely the Whirlpool model we took the dump yesterday before picking up the Zanussi hadthe same problem of not taking in water. However that was at least ten years old. This is brand new out of the box from a reputable local retailer at full price.
9/24/2017
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Stupid question but if you remove the fill hose of the back of the dishwasher and aim it into a bucket and turn it on is the pressure good coming out of the hose?

Also open the door and remove the bottom basket and do you see what in the bottom there?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I haven't checked the hose at the back of machine Daniel as it appears to be a solid connection. Are you referring to water pressure on cold water feed?
Removed the basket, spray arm turns okay, salt dispenser primed with a litre of water as instructed by the manual (soft water area). I haven't removed the filter and checked it.
Switch machine on, makes sound as it is filling, but that be it trying to drain as no significant water in machine, a few minutes later programme light and indicator flash once and audible sound once to confirm Auto Off as machine has not started programme. Referred to manual. There are no obvious "kinks" in the supply or outlet hoses.
Thank you for your response Daniel. Unhappy wife. I can see this heading back to the retailer (she is eying up a Bosch), and I doubt that I will ever be allowed to install anything in future. Credibility blown lol. Many thanks Stuart

Yes i refer to the water inlet hose as were you screw it onto the back of the dishwasher just unscrew it from there and check the water pressure is good coming out of that hose.

If it is then theres a fault in the dishwasher itself. As the single flash of the light is an i10 fault which is a water filling fault.

So as its new i would take it back to the retailer for exchange rather then messing with it.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician