UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an indesit tumble drier and the clean filter light is…

Customer Question
I have an indesit...

I have an indesit tumble drier and the clean filter light is on despite cleaning the filter. When I try to start the light stays on and there is a beep but the machine doesn't start

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Indesit EDVA735 only 3 or 4 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really the light always came on even if you cleaned the filter but the machine started on pressing the start button

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
9/24/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Other then the filter light on is either the dry or end light lit?

Also when you try it are you getting a double beep from it?

JUST THE FILTER LIGHT AND A SINGLE BEEP WHEN I TRY TO START IT

Ok as this is a standered vented dryer then if its not starting then its either the door lock or the control board. As this model doesnt have a child lock or anything like that.

What you need to do is remove the top and the right hand side panel.

Make sure its unplugged and then you can access the door lock from there.

Open the door and remove the lock from the side.

From there inspect the wiring to the lock there and see if theres any burining on the lock.

If so then the lock will need to be replaced and the wiring repaired.

But if the lock and wiring is fine then its going to be the control board itself at the bottom at fault here im afraid.

Daniel, the lock isn't working. The plastic piece in the door was broken, I replaced that and now the door still doesn't latch but the drier comes on and blows the door open

Ok the door lock latch has flipped back.

Unplug the dryer and look inside the lock there you will see the hook in there.

This will have flipped back in there.

You need to get 2 small screwdrivers and insert on in the top and one in the bottom and then pull the door hook forward and this will reset it from there and then this will be back to normal from there.

How can I get to see what to do, what does the hook look like?

Its hard to explane but basically the hook is a U shaped part on the door lock which the door latch pushes into.

I think the easyist way on this is remove the top and the right hand side panel.

From there you can remove the door lock.

Once its out you will see the door hook from there right in front of you.

Push it down and it will reset and then just refit it from there.