UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an indesit idc8t3 condenser dryer and the empty water…

Customer Question
I have an indesit...

I have an indesit idc8t3 condenser dryer and the empty water light is staying on and the clothes aren't drying

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Indesit idc8t3 and about 20months

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Ive cleaned the filter at the bottom front of the dryer and it hasn't helped

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
9/24/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 9 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

From the fault you describe this is more then likely a fault with the pump at the back.

Pull the dryer out and unplug it.

Look in the bottom right corner and theres the pump. Remove this and clear out all the water in there.

Then turn the pump over and see if the red rubber band in there has snapped or expended. If so then the pump needs to be replaced.

Click the link below for a youtube clip on how to remove the pump to check it.

Click here

Try that and see how it goes and let me know.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open.

Do you still need help on this, If so then just get back to me. But if not if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Regards

Hello. I've taken the pump out but the rubber band you mentioned is still in tact. I've attached pictures. What should I do next?
20170929_180924.jpg2017092...jpg20170929_180928.jpg2017092...jpg20170929_180931.jpg2017092...jpg20170929_180936.jpg2017092...jpg20170929_180950.jpg2017092...jpg20170929_180954.jpg2017092...jpg20170929_180959.jpg2017092...jpg
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago

Thanks for the pictures.

I can see the pump band is still in tact but its worn and expended on the pump.

This is a faulty pump here so all you need to do is replace that pump and this will cure the fault from there for you.

Click here for the pump

Hi. I understand that a pump is not very expensive but I don't understand how it can be so faulty when it is only about a year and half old? I live in small house that's never been occupied by more the. Two people and it is a large dryer. How could it be so fragile?
I replace these pumps on dryers less then a year old.What we find a lot what causes this is your washer not rinsing the clothes fully so they go into the dryer with soapy water on they and this is what rots the rubber band. As if you feel the water in there it will feel greasy. Do you use a lot of quick washes as this is what causes it. Also using a lot of softener causes this as well.But the new pumps will be a lot better and tend not to rot the rubber band in there.We see this fault a lot on these condenser dryers so the new pump will cure this.