Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a miele washing machine and the check inlet and check

Hi, i have a miele washing machine and the check inlet and check drain lights are flashing I have checked the waste pipe and it is clear I had a drainage guy out earlier who cleared a bloackage in my sink, but that resulted in the waste water backing up into my washing machine It has pumped that out But now it wont do anything because of these flashing lights
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Novotronic Premier 500 probably over 10 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: hopefully
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the drainage guy seemed to think it was a computer fault as he had checked the drain and inlet and nothing was blocked I have also checked the filter at the bottom left of the washing machine and that was all pretty clear, there was some water came pouring out, but no blockages

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Try this and see what happens as if water gets into the base if the washer it activates a flood switch which causes this fault.

Pull the washer out and lean it 45 degrees backwards and this will allow the water in the base to drain out onto the floor so you may need a towel for that.

Then stand it upright and retry the washer and see how it goes from there.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It worked! thank you

Nice one, Glad to hear thats sorted it and thanks for letting me know.