UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Neff washer dryer but I'm getting error code E06…

Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a Neff washer dryer but I'm getting error code E06 and it doesn't seem as though the machine is draining the water away.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I can't open the door to double check the model number but it's a Neff washer dryer. It's about 7 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

There is currently washing in the machine but it doesn't sound like the water is draining and the spin is not kicking in. I can't get the door open even though I have tried different cycles as the cycles are not finishing.

9/22/2017
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

That error means there is an issue with the draining, which you know because there is water that has not drained. Do you see a small access door at the bottom of the front panel?

Hi, no I don't see any access door. There are holes on each side of the machine with a screwdriver symbol above them but it looks like these are to adjust the feet.

Hmm, can you get the rear service panel off? With no model number I am not exactly sure what machine you have so se have to go through some of this a little blind...sorry.

I can't access the rear service panel as it's built in. I think it's model number V6540X1GB

On that model, the front of the machine has to be removed to access the pump, It will need to be pulled out to get the top off first, though. Does the lower panel below the door appear to come off?

The lower panel doesn't appear to come off. I won't be able to pull the machine out myself as it's built in. I think I'll have to get an engineer round.

I believe that will be necessary, too. The pump is probably just jammed with debris but on this model there is no quick access clean out, unfortunately.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician