UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a hotpoint fridge freezer, the lights have been

I have a hotpoint...

I have a hotpoint fridge freezer, the lights have been flashing for weeks....

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I have turned the appliance off/on, I have held the buttons down on super-freeze and also turned dials off and on - i am just going to check now thank you

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe 5 years? a little more - how would i find out the model?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The freezer is no longer freeing properly.

9/22/2017
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

The model number is ***** a sticker inside the fridge usually, Its on the left hand side behind the salad box.

But normally to reset this you just need to turn the freezer dial to off.

Wait a few seconds and turn it back on. That will reset it. But if it doesn then the dial has snapped so its not turning the switch on the board.

For this use a pair of pilers and pull the control knob off and swap it with the fridge dial and then you can reset it from there.

Try that and see what happens and let me know.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open.

Do you still need help on this, If so then just get back to me. But if not if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Regards

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician