UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

I have a Siemens washing machine that I have moved to my

Hi JA: Hello. How can I...
Hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a Siemens washing machine that I have moved to my garage. Previously it was filling fine and emptying into a large bucket I've just installed a waste pipe for it with a u bend, but now it gives error F21 I thought it might be due to the flow rate in the waste pipe, but I have put the hose in it and that is fine Next, I checked for kinks in the pipe
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Siemens, 9 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: WM12E44SGB
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I've also thought it might be to do with the pump so I made sure the pipe was flat so it didn't have to lift the water far I'm just wondering if there is anything I've overlooked - why does it drain fine into a bucket but not the waste pipe
9/21/2017
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

F21 error code is a motor related fault.

You normally get this error code when you have worn carbon brushes in the motor. But try and reset it first in case its a one off.

Turn the knob to off.

Close the door.

Turn the knob to 6 o'clock position.

Wait 2 seconds.

The start/pause should begin flashing.

(If the start button doesn't flash, just carry on trying to erase the codes).

Press and hold the spin button. (it may be marked RPM)

Turn the knob to 7 o'clock position.

Wait 2 seconds.

Release the button.

Turn the knob to off.
This is the procedure to clear the fault codes, it doesn't check the carbon brushes in the motor and see what you find from there.

I thought F21 was "long drain error"

Nope, F21 is a motor related fault im afraid.

Ok thanks, I'll check the bushes and get back to you. Don't worry I won't forget to rate.
Can you recommend somewhere I can get hold of replacement bushes?

No worries thats fine. Check it out and then rate as that isnt a problem as i will be here to see this out.

Click here for a set of brushes

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician