UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I've a Kingswood Dishwasher, model KFID 60 A which runs for…

I've a Kingswood Dishwasher...

I've a Kingswood Dishwasher, model KFID 60 A which runs for around 2 mins then stops. No flashing lights. Tried re-setting and holding down start button. No joy.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Kingswood Dishwasher, model KFID 60 A

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just what's the problem and can I fix it?

Answered in 1 hour by:
9/21/2017
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Try this its a test cycle so see what happens and let me know.

Turn the dishwasher on and select the rinse cycle first on the left.

Turn the dishwasher off.

Press and hold the start button and turn it back on.

Hold the start button in till the start light is flashing then let go.

Now press the start button once and close the door.

Now it will run a 12 minute test cycle. If it picks up a fault it will stop, drain the water out and beep.

Open the door and the start light will be flashing. Count the number of flashes from it in between the pause and let me know.

Then press and hold the start button to reset it.

Ok not there but will go and try it and get back to you later. Thanks.

No worries thats fine.

Ran the test. Its 5 quick flashes then pause.

Ok thanks for that. Thought you would get that error code.

This is a wash motor fault. Ive seen it many times on these but just want to confirm with the error code you got.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lay it on its left side and remove the base.

From there you will see the wash motor at the back. Take this off and just see if theres anything stuck in there.

If that's all clear then the motor itself will be faulty and will need to be replaced. To be honest its more then likely clear but worth checking just in case. Ive seen this fault many times and its nearly always the wash motor at fault.

Now the odd time it has turned out to be the control board but that's very rare as like I said its nearly always the wash motor at fault which causes this fault.

Sorry it not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.

If it's that, is it an expensive part to replace? or do I consider replacement of dishwasher. It's around 7 yrs old now.

To be honest they are expensive. As this is actually made by Whirlpool and just branded Kingswood.

So Whirlpool spares are very expensive as the motor on these are around the £150 mark.

So for a bit more money you have a brand new dishwasher.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Thanks.

Your very welcome.