UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Hotpoint TCD970G dryer starting then shutting off aing

Customer Question
Hotpoint TCD970G dryer starting...

Hotpoint TCD970G dryer starting then shutting off aing single beep noise

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Around 5 years, TCD970P

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
wen am i going to get a reply ?
9/21/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

How long does the dryer run for before it stops?

Also are you getting any flashing lights or lit lights?

It runs for around 3 minutes. The light in the start pause button flashes and there is a single beep that has a gap of around 3 seconds between each beep.

Ok if it runs for 3 minutes and stops then i think you will find this is somthing to do with the pump at the back.

Pull the dryer out and unplug it.

Look in the bottom right corner and theres the pump. Remove this and clear out all the water in there.

Then turn the pump over and see if the red rubber band in there has snapped or expended. If so then the pump needs to be replaced.

Click the link below for a youtube clip on how to remove the pump to check it.

Click here

Check that and see what you find as for the fault you describe this is sounding like a pump fault here.

it was a pipe that had come away on the back, the clear pipe.

That clear pipe at the back is just the overflow pipe. So if this has come away it wont cause any problems in the dryer as the overflow water will just leak onto the floor.

So that pipe wont have caused this problem. Just keep an eye on it as if its working now it could still be fault as that clear pipe wont cause any faults in there at all.

Ok I didn't get chance to test it fully. I am trying to sort it for my wife and I'm off to work now. I'll get her to test it today. I did unplug the machine and had to reset the language. Could that have reset something ?
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago

I dont think that would have reset it im afraid.

Normally the fault you have were it stops and keeps beeping every 3 seconds is down to the pump.

So check that when you can and im sure you can sort it from there.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician