UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an item of clothing stick berween drum and door, and…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, I have...

Hi Pearl, I have an item of clothing stick berween drum and door, and the error code F:23 flashing. I have removed bottom panel and drained sump, but stil F:23. If I only I could open the door to remove offending item, all should be OK. But cannot open door with F:23 showing. Help. Thanks, Keith

Contractor's Assistant: Have you checked for the code in the manual?

Yes it say water in the base of the machine. But I have emptied that ou.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Idealy f I can yes, if not we will have to wait a week for a Siemens engineer

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is there a magic button somewhere to get the door open

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
9/19/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Looking in the area where the pump filter is that you removed, do you see a small line, it may be plastic, usually in the upper left corner?

There is a small red plastic tab on the upper right

Pull on that, it should be an emergency release to allow the door to open.

Let me know if it opens.

Hi I just pulled on it but door wouldnt open. Tried it again with machine switched on, no luck. The red plastic tab doesnt feel as though it is connected to anything

Hmm, do you have a model number of the machine?

See the 2:40 mark of the video below. Does yours look like that?

CLICK HERE

The model number on the panel is S12.7CH, but I cant access the e-number, that's inside the door!

CLICK HERE

It looks a bit like the tab in the video, but pulling on it not too hard doesnt allow the door release to operate. I'll try it again whilst you're reading this
No luck

Well, shoot, what happens if you press in on the door to relieve pressure and then pull that tab, any change?

Hi Kelly, I thought of that, but didnt seem to help, I just got my wife to gently pull the tab whilst I pushed in on the door and operated the hadle, but it seems pretty well jammed. I think I might have to wait a week for the Siemens technician.
Sorry, I've got to go off line now, thanks for trying, I will have to wait for Siement to come

I understand, thank you.