Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a hot point future frost free freezer fzfm171 and the

Hi I have a hot point future frost free freezer fzfm171 and the light at the top are flashing what does this mean thanks
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's the tall white one it's 220 model it's about a year old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not sure just wondered why this it doing that
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It's the ***** *****ght and the green light and the red light at the right that's flashing on and off

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok

If the lights are flashing then its either been unplugged, had a power cut? door left open for a while or theres a fault in there and its loosing its air flow.

To reset it what you need to do is look at the control dial at the top and turn this to off.

Wait a few seconds and turn it back on.

This will reset the flashing lights there so then see how it goes from there.

If it was a power cut, unplugged or door left open this will cure it. But if they start flashing again then theres a issue in there which is more then likely a blocked evaporator with ice causeing this. So a 24 hour defrost will fix this as it melt the ice thats collected in places were it shouldnt have.

So try the above first and see how it goes from there.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I will try this now

Thats fine.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi I've try the dial to off then back on but the lights are still flashing
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi I've tried this but it's done nothing the lights are still flashing

Ok in this case the control dial will have snapped so its not atually turning the switch in the control board. As thats how you reset these as its done just by turning the freezer dial all the way round to off.

So what you need to do is get a pair of pilers and hold the dial and pull it forwards.

From there you will find the shaft on the dial has snapped off.

So in this case the control dial will need to be replaced to reset this im afraid.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yeah that could be the problem cause it's moving very freely how much is another button

What colour is yours?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The dial is white

Click here for the part

Not the cheapest part im afraid.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is it easy to change the button you were right it was that got it reset now

Very easy as you just pull the old one out and push the new one in.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That's great thanks for your help ��

Your very welcome.

If you could remeber to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks