UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ice forms in freezer but won't dispense, Settings in what…

Customer Question
Ice forms in freezer...

Ice forms in freezer but won't dispense

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Settings in what regard?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'll have to check model number it's definitely a beko make.also notice a little leak of water from under front panel

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
9/18/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

1. Does it make any noise when you try to dispense ice?
  2. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Yeah makes noise as if it were trying to produce ice.beko AP930

.

If you remove the ice bucket, does the auger turn freely?

If that's the part inside the ice bucket then yes it can turn freely right round

So if you empty the ice and push the dispense button, do you hear the auger turning or at least the motor running?

it does everything seems ok working wise just the flap won't allow the ice to drop through

Is the flapper free to move if you move it manually?

Yeah if I push my finger in it,it opens

So the solenoid is faulty. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!

How easy is it to replace the solonoid??

It requires the front of the dispenser be removed, so there is some disassembly required.

Hi Kelly not had a chance to order part and get on it will let you know how I go cheers

Thanks.