Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Neff S54M45 intergrated dishwasher. The tap symbol

I have a Neff S54M45 intergrated dishwasher.
The tap symbol is on and the pump continues to run even when the door is open.
I have filled the dishwasher with water and covered the filter and the machine pumps all the water out but it will not switch it's self off.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

If the dishwasher is draining all the time then this is down to a water leak in the base which has activated the flood switch in there.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lean it 45 degs backwards and this will allow the water to drain out from the base. So you will need a towel for that part.

Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and this will stop the pump from running all the time.

Then retry it and fingers crossed this is just a one off that caused it.
But if it does it again then theres a leak under there which you need to find and fix. For this you need to remove both side panels and then you can see the workings under there and check for any loose hoses.

Try that and see how it goes from there and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Daniel
Would this dishwasher be secured by a fitting kit? I've just looked and the dishwasher will not pull out.
There seems to be two brackets screwed into the underneath of the work top, is this the only anchor points?
it's easy dispensing brackets that hold it to the worktop. Once the screws are removed it should pull out from there but sometimes you may have to lower the feet in order for it to slide out easier.
Sorry the first part was a typo. It's meant to say yes it's usually just them brackets holding the dishwasher to the work top.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Daniel
When I get home I'll have a go
Regards
Brian
No worries that's fine
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Hi Daniel
Done what you said and the dishwasher is now working perfectly
I think the water got in the base because I found a piece of chipped crockery stopping the pump impeller turning
Thanks for your help
Regrds
Brian

Nice one, Glad to hear its sorted it and thanks for letting me know.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Hi Daniel
Spoke too soon
The dishwasher has done a few different cycles but the continuous pump running is back but without the red tap symbol.
The dishwasher will not start because the pump is running

Ok in this case theres somthing leaking under there im afraid.

For this you need to remove both side panels and watch it while its washing and try and see if you can see were the water is leaking from.

Check the wash motor on the right hand side as this is the most common thing to leak.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Thanks Daniel, I'll have a go tomorrow

No worries.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Hi Daniel it appears to be coming from the wash motor as you predicted. I can't see a leak but dried everything off and this is where the water shows its self first
Is there a repair or do we get a new dishwasher
It is 9 years old now