UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Zanussi ZDV12002FA integrated dishwasher which is…

Customer Question
Good morning. We have...

Good morning. We have a Zanussi ZDV12002FA integrated dishwasher which is about 3 years old. We have just moved into what were new build flats when this was installed.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

The anti flood device seems to have kicked and with the end light flashing and beeping 3 times.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Zanussi type GHE423DA2 we thought there might be a way to reset

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No sign of water underneath unit It has been working perfectly up until last night

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
9/18/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Just to confirm you have had the dishwasher out and checked the base tray underneath and theres no water at all in the base tray there?

The dishwasher is integrated and so we didn't take it out. My husband has checked by removing the filter that there is no water build up there. When we turn on machine at mains it sounds like pump is working all the time and all programme lights are lit. we can't turn off machine by on/off button, only at mains.

Ok when they leak water it actually does this in the base tray under the dishwasher itself.

What you need to do is remov the plinth at the bottom of the kitchen and from there you need to remove the metal cover at the bottom below the door.

Make sure its unplugged and then you can look under the bottom of the dishwasher and at the workings there.

You will more then likely see the water in the base tray. You need to use a sponge and soak the water up from there till its all dry.

Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and then retry it on a cycle and see how it goes from there.

But if it does it again then theres somthing under there causing the leak. But in this case the dishwasher will need to be pulled out and the side panels removed and then you can check the hoses underneath and see if theres any loose hoses there.

Try that if you can and see what you find from there.