UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our washing mashine is blocked at the moment by f-16 error…

Customer Question
Hi , my name...

Hi , my name is ***** ***** our washing mashine is blocked at the moment by f-16 error and we don't know how restart the system

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

WVD24520GB Bosh excel around three years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

??

Contractor's Assistant: What confuses you?

Do you know how to restart ?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
9/19/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Solvanus,
 replied 11 months ago
Solvanus
A common problem is stuck door switches or weak latch pins.Open the door.Look at the latch pin, is it being pushed fully over by the spring inside the door? If it is, close the door really hard.Once closed give the handle/lock area a firm pushThis may well free up the switch sensorOK now ?? Good...Open door, then close as normal... it was a stuck switch.If not, it's likely you will need to try a new door lock to cure the problem. Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.
UK Appliance Technician: Solvanus,
 replied 11 months ago

Just a quick follow-up as I have not heard from you for a while.

Anything more to report ?

Please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.