UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a washing machine Indesit since 2011. The last time,

Customer Question
Hello! I have a...

Hello! I have a washing machine Indesit since 2011. The last time, the program timer start flashing and all lights were on (extra spin, extra rinse etc.) What do you think is the problem? Can I do anything myself to resolve this issue?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

W1XXE127, 7 KG. I am not sure how old, but I guess 5-6 years.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am not planning anything yet. Just trying to establish what could be wrong with it.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes, to answer my questions not give me generic reply

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
Please advise how you going to answer my question. I was not able to enter my mobile number +44*********** Email is***@******.***
Looking foward for your advice,
Natalie
I just loaded a new load in the washing machine. I just switched it on colored clothes cycle and noticed that water is constantly filled through washing powder container . every 30 sec.- 1 minute
9/16/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Are you getting any error codes coming up on the display screen?

Also if you select a spin only cycle is it still filling on there?

Hi!
Flashing 3 lights : easy Iron. Extra rinse, Stain remover. No messages. But if anything you can guess it's 8888.
The machine is washing okay though. But now it start flashing strain away, then after a while finally display the correct program, but in the middle of the washing cycle start flashing again.

Ok from the fault you describe this is looking like the main control board at the back at the bottom is the fault here. As ive seen it on these washers were it does this kind of thing.

But the bad news is this isnt really worth it as new boards are sold blank and have to be programmed up with the indesit laptop. but this is an expensive repair as you need to get Indesit in to do the repair as it has to be programmed with there laptop. But this is going to be in exccess of about £150-200 so not even worth it im afraid.

Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info info just get back to me.

Thank you for the answer. I thought it might be the case.
Well, will have to buy a new machine.
Regards
Natalie

Your very welcome.

Just sorry it wasnt good news. But if you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician