UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The door handle is jammed against it's housing in my Daewoo…

Customer Question
Hi. the door handle...

Hi. the door handle is jammed against it's housing in my Daewoo washing machine.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Daewoo is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

DWD M1231 Six years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's reasonably straightforward.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. That's it. Thanks.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
9/15/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

If thats the case with the door handle then its snapped.

To get the door open what you need to do is pull the washer out and remove the top panel.

Make sure its unplugged and then remove the top panel.

From there look down the front of the washer on the inside on the right and there you will see the door lock.

Reach down in there and feel the far left of the lock and there you will feel the metal door pin in the lock. You may not see it but it will be there.

You need to push the door pin to the left and at the same time pull the door open.

Once the door is open you can then access the door handle in the door and replace it from there.

So try that and see how it goes from from what you say the door handle has snapped on there.

Ok, thanks. I won't be free to do anything for a while, maybe even tomorrow morning but I will get back to you when I have tried that.
Maybe later if it looks necessary.

No worries thats fine.