UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an Electrolux E0C68000X oven which has the following…

Customer Question
I have an Electrolux E0C68000X...
I have an Electrolux E0C68000X oven which has the following problem. The oven heats up but as the temperature increases, the is a red glow from a small hole at the top of the element/fan cover at the rear. The element gets progressively redder and the only way to turn the oven off is at the mains. Can you offer some advice, please. If it's a case of replacing a part, I am fully capable of doing this.
Pete.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/15/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Does it stay heating until it overheats?

the temperature continues to rise until the oven is switched off at the mains.
Can it be explained here?

Yes, please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Thank you

The relay that controls that fan element is welded closed. The main power board will need to be replaced. The oven will need to be pulled from the cabinet and the top access panel removed to access it for replacement. All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy repair!

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!

Thank you for your help. I may go down the road of replacing the oven as it was purchased in 2009 and I have already replace the element 3 times.
Pete.

At 8 years old and given the history, I cannot say I would not do the same thing. Thank you....

Kelly, Appliance Technician