UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Am having a similar problem, same machine. But machine fills…

Customer Question
Am having a similar...

Am having a similar problem, same machine. But machine fills with water but then then drum doesn't move at all. I can get it to drain and release door ok. I've tried finding the error code. Can get the led's to scroll but pressing fabric button will only led me mov 7 positions to 50deg temp and not down to position 9 at 30 deg.Can you help at all?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Sorry I was following a previous thread. It's a Zanussi ZWX1605w. And no hasn't done before working fine until Weds this week.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Probably not if it involves taking machine apart

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is it likely to be economic to fix?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
9/15/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

If the fills and drains but just doesnt turn then its possibley just worn carbon brushes in the motor.

What you can do is pull the washer out and unplug it.

Then lean it backwards against a wall or unit and have someone hold for you.

Then lie down and look under the washer.

There you will see the back of the motor.

There either side are the carbon brushes in the plastic holders.

Remove these and see if they have worn right down. If they are only a few mm long then they have worn and will need replacing.

Then with new carbon brushes this should get it working from there.

Try that if you can and see what you find from there.