Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an AEG tall larder fridge just over one year old. The

Customer Question

I have an AEG tall larder fridge just over one year old. The drainage gole inside the fridge seems to be clear but there is water pooling and overflowing in water collection trays at back of fridge Fridge seems to be functioning normally and is set at +5c and was only discovered when we pulled out fridge to clean.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: It is just over one year old and is an AEG A72710GNX0
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It is still under guarantee but if it is something my son can do we will.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That is all really. There is a good gap for air ventillation behind the fridge but is near a washing machine and outdoor vented tumbler dryer in a cool utility room
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

When the door is closed look at the sides of it anc check the seal is agaisnt the cabinet and theres no gaps in the seal. As if there is then this can cause warm air to enter and causes too much on the back wall then this will create too much water.

If there is a gap then heat the seal up with a hairdryer and this will make the seal seal better.

If thats fine then look at the big drip tray on the top of the compressor and just check this is sitting stright as in the past ive found slant down and causes the water to leak on the floor as well as going into the other drip pot.

But if thats all fine then its going to need the condenser coil kit. This is a copper pipe coiled up. This sits in the bottom tray and its attached to the pipe work at the back. The heat that goes through the copper coil evaporates the water away faster and stops it overflowing.

But this has to be done by a fridge engineer as it will need to be regassed back up again. But as its under warrenty they AEG will do this for you.

So try the above first and see if its anything to do with them. If you need anymore info just get back to me.