Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a beko washing machine and have tried to switch it on

Customer Question

I have a beko washing machine and have tried to switch it on and there is no power I have checked the fuse in the plug and all is fine
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: WMB 714522 B bought this over a year ago maybe 18 months
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It was working perfectly the other day but won't switch on at all
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Can you double check the model number please.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
WMB 714422 B
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you still there
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Yes im still here, Give me a few minutes while i dig the service info up on this.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Ok i assume you have tried the washer in a different plug socket that you know works ok?

If thats fine then what you need to do is make sure the washer is unplugged and remove the top.

From there look behind the front console panel and there you will see the control board and next to this the on/off switch.

You need to check this and see if theres signs of burning on there. If so then it needs to be replaced.

But if it looks ok then you need to test the switch with a multi meter and see if its faulty.

As for the washer to loose power if the socket is fine then its either the on/off switch or the control board. So if the switch is fine then im afraid this is going to be the control board at fault here.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open.

Do you still need help on this, If so then just get back to me. But if not if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Regards