Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

On Miele washing machine Water Proof System has got

Customer Question

Hello, yes, on Miele washing machine Water Proof System has got activated
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is 11 years old, model WT 2670
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. It has got activated after I cleaned water draining chanel
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: water draining channel from the rubber seal around the door
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

If the water proof system is activated then whats happened is water has leaked into the base of the washer and this has activated the flood switch in there.

What you need to do is pull the washer out and lean it 45 degrees backwards and this will allow the water in the base to drain out so you may need a towel for that part.

Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and this will clear the water proof sign and it will be back to normal from there.

So try that and see how it goes from there and let me know.