Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Rangemaster CLAHDC 90BB cooker hood. One bulb blew

Customer Question

I have a Rangemaster CLAHDC 90BB cooker hood. One bulb blew (with a bang) and dis.t board contact breaker went off. Renewed bulbs (2) and reset contact breaker but still no lights or extract. Is there a hidden fuse within the hood?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: This is the first time I've tried to get the problem solved without calling in a very expensive technician.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No I don't think so.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

If the bulb blow and went bang then its either blown the fuse in the plug top if they have used it on a plug top (hopefully they have).

Or its the control board if they have hardwired the hood into the socket.

Remove the chinmey section of the hood. Look at the very top on each towards the wall and there will be a screw either side.

Remove these and then you can remove the chimney section of the hood.

Then behind there hopefully you will find the plug top. Check the fuse and see if its blown. It should be a 5amp fuse max in there. If it has then replace the fuse and this should cure it. Dont fit a 13 amp fuse as if it does it again then the surge may not be able to take the 13 amp fuse out.

But if there isnt a plug top and it hardwired then its more then likely the control board has blown in there. In this case the control board will need to be replaced.

We see this fault alot on cooker hoods were the bulb blows and it takes the fuse out in the plug top. But if they dont use a plug top then theres no protection and it blows the control board inside.

So see what you find and let me know.

Expert:  Daniel replied 30 days ago.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open.

Do you still need help on this, If so then just get back to me. But if not if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Regards

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Hi Daniel, thanks for your reply. I'll let you know how I get on (but probably won't be able to try it for a couple of weeks).Regards,Richard