Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner/Partner at Bargain Box
99457030

Can you give me instructions to reverse doors on aeg

Customer Question

Can you give me instructions to reverse doors on aeg rcb53324mx fridge freezer?
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Brand new. Aeg. rcb53324mx
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Martyn Lloyd replied 1 month ago.

The User Manual suggests you contact AEG to have them do it at your cost... cheeky beggars

Generally, there is a clip on cap /cover on the top hinge, and an/other, smaller cover/s on the other side, where you wish to move to.

Once the cover is removed, the bolts etc will be obvious.

Door will now lift up and out of the hinge (held safe by gravity)..undo both hinges and move to other side, bottom first, align door, job done

If this is all too hard or confused, a photo of the top hinge may help me

Let me know how you get on

Please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If it were only a case of the hinges, no problem. I've done similar before. But there is an LED readout on the door with power supply coming in at the top right hinge which needs to be moved to top left. It is that which i need help with.

OK, then I shall opt out to allow another to assist you

Giving the full detail at the outset will lead to a faster response

We deal with some folk who are doing basics for the first time, so we respond incrementally

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I provided full make and model details as requested...