UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Check water light is on. Drain pump it running all the

Customer Question
Check water light is...

Check water light is on . Drain pump it running all the timèe, no water in the sump. Have reset it but just keeps doing the same thing. Only stops if it's switched off Regards Michael

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Today . Dishwasher won't work

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that I know

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
9/10/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

If the dishwasher is draining all the time then this is down to a water leak in the base which has activated the flood switch in there.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lean it 45 degs backwards and this will allow the water to drain out from the base. So you will need a towel for that part.

Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and this will stop the pump from running all the time.

Then retry it and fingers crossed this is just a one off that caused it.
But if it does it again then theres a leak under there which you need to find and fix. For this you need to remove both side panels and then you can see the workings under there and check for any loose hoses.

Try that and see how it goes from there and let me know.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open.

Do you still need help on this, If so then just get back to me. But if not if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Regards