Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a aeg lavamat turbo 14840 which fills and drains but

I have a aeg lavamat turbo 14840 which fills and drains but does not run a cycle but does not produce error codes
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Yes to no effect
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if it's a simple fix
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: About 4 -5 years old

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Lets see what the error code is stored in there.

Set it going on a spin cycle and then press and hold the start button and the button to the left of it.

Keep them both held in and after a few seconds the error will flash up E??

Let me know the code.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's E52

Thanks for that.

E52 is a motor related fault. Most of the time this is down to worn carbon brushes in there that cause this.

What you need to do is pull the washer out and unplug it.

Then lean it backwards agaisnt a wall and have someone hold it for you.

Then lie down and look under the washer and there you will see the back of the motor.

There either side are the carbon brushes. You need to remove these and see if worn, If so then you need to replace them and that should cure the fault from there.

So try that and see how it goes from there.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open.

Do you still need help on this, If so then just get back to me. But if not if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Regards