Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Neff integrated dishwasher - I can't get the door to shut

Customer Question

My Neff integrated dishwasher - I can't get the door to shut properly. It doesn't click in properly anymore?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: S72M63X2GB no I haven't run a diagnostic test cycle...how do I do that? thanks
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: ideally
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

When you get this fault were the door isnt closing then its either due to the dishwasher moving backwards so it stops the door from latching closed, Or its the door catch itself.

What you need to do is remove the plinth at the bottom of the kitchen and open the door and look under the work top on each side and there may be a screw holding the dishwasher to the work top.,

Remove these and pull the dishwasher half way out.

Then try and close the door from there and see if it closes. If it does then it needs to be reinstalled correctly.

But if it still isnt closing then on the top of the dishwasher is the door catch. Look at this and see if its flipped backwards. If so try and reset it and see if this allows the door to close from there.

So check that and see what you find and let me know.