UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My LG Washing machine Direct Drive 8 KG has finished its…

Customer Question
Hi my LG Washing...

Hi my LG Washing machine Direct Drive 8 KG has finished its wash cycle but will not open. there is no error code but the handle does not 'feel ' live. I have also tried pulling a line around the rim to pull it pen without success and removing the plug?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2012? F1289TD

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Taken the top off but cant see much

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
9/6/2017
UK Appliance Technician: AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. Sorry for the delay. Please allow me a few moments to review your question.

Sounds like the door latch has failed and needs to be replaced.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Please rate my service and not the appliance. Also rating me does not close this question and you can still post here if you need anymore help. Thank you!