AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

My LG Washing machine Direct Drive 8 KG has finished its

Customer Question

hi my LG Washing machine Direct Drive 8 KG has finished its wash cycle but will not open. there is no error code but the handle does not 'feel ' live. I have also tried pulling a line around the rim to pull it pen without success and removing the plug?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2012? F1289TD
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Taken the top off but cant see much
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. Sorry for the delay. Please allow me a few moments to review your question.

Sounds like the door latch has failed and needs to be replaced.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Please rate my service and not the appliance. Also rating me does not close this question and you can still post here if you need anymore help. Thank you!