Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a bosch classics tumble dryer and the start button

I have a bosch classics tumble dryer and the start button won't stay pressed in when pushed. If I hold the button it works and when I open the door there is heat there. But the button won't stay in on its own.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Just one min while I check.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: bosch classxx
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: quite a few years old

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Bosch Classixx WTA3002

Thanks for that.

If the dryer only runs when you hold the start button in then im afraid the switch in there is faulty and will need to be replaced.

This is not a cheap part im afraid as its around £90

Click here for the part

So with a new switch this will be back to normal from there.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** is 17 years old, so I guess it may be time to buy a new one.

Probberly best option then given its that age.

If you could also remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks