Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have an American fridge freezer model AP 10 S, the top 3

Good afternoon, we have an American fridge freezer model AP 10 S , the top 3 shelves in freezer are cool , and we lost all frozen food as we were away , the bottom draw on refrigerator has frozen all vegetables, and the top 2 shelves on fridge is warm, the fridge freezer. Below AP 10 S. is 7 years old we can here fan going next to motor, and motor starts okay, but the digital panel shows -18 freezer and 4 for fridge can you suggest the parts nessacary for me to replace, we live in Spain brought it with us.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

What you will find here is the fan motor inside the freezer at the top is the fault here.

What you ned to do is empty the top section of the freezer and if this model has the ice maker then you need to remove all this from the top.

Then from there remove the cover at the back at the top and behind there is the fan motor.

You need to replace the fan motor from there and this will cure the fault from there. Ive replaced loads of them for this fault that you have so i know a new evaporator fan motor in the freezer will cure this fault.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you Daniel I took out the what looks like the single screw at top inside freezer at back but the panel does not move are there other screws

I think from memory its just that one screw.

So with that screw removed grab hold of the cover with a pair of pilers at the top and just give it a good yank and it will come off from there.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Daniel it's off the fan is not coming on even though it turns freely have pressed door lever by hand but no fan operating is there another test? Also all copper pipes covered in ice is this correct?.

No other test im afraid. The fan is faulty and needs to be replaced. Thats why the top shelves in the freezer is cold and the bottom of the fridge is freezeing. Its all down to the fan in there not running.

So replace the fan motor and im sure this will cure the fault from there.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you Daniel I am happy with your service:

Your very welcome.