UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have the same dishwasher and I get a 20 error - blocked…

HI, I have the...

HI, I have the same dishwasher and I get a 20 error - blocked outlet pipe...but its not blocked. Every programme shuts down and gives me this signal. any ideas?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Its a Valgjord Ikea built in model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have already taken it out, checked the exit pipe, which is clear..reset the system several times

8/20/2017
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Can you post the model number please. Its usually on a sticker on the right hand side of the door when you open it.

MODEL:VALGJORD PNC###-##-####03 and SN:44710013 TYPE:GHE613CB3
IF I power off, then turn on again, then reset, it seems to work - but this is not sustainable!
are you still there?

Yes im still here.

When it comes up with the i20 code is the dishwasher still full of water?

hi, no, its empty, apart from a cupful in the bottom under the filter
but its seems not to heat the water at all...either
On a 3hr programme it stops at about 1.5 hours, flashes 20 and beeps until I do something

Ok if its draining the water but still giving the i20 error code then its the pressure sensor thinking there water in there when there isnt.

This is a very common fault on these as they have had an issue with the pressure sensors so they have made a kit for this. You need to replace the pressure sensor, bracket and hose as it all comes part of the kit.

It also comes with fitting instructions as well.

The part number for it is 4055346060

Replace that kit and im sure this will cure the fault from there. As i said its a very common fault on these dishwashers.

would I need to get Ikea to come and do that? Or can any plumber get this kit and fix it?

Well the dishwasher is actually mae by Electrolux so you could give them a bell as they will be able to sort it for you. Or a local repair company will also be able to sort this for you as well.

Ok thanks, ***** ***** very helpful. Anything else I need to know?

Nope, that should be all i would think.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Ok - thanks for your help

Your welcome.