UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

Rob, Oh you're Pearl. Sorry! Lemme fill you in. I have a

Hey Rob JA: I'll do all...
Hey Rob
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Oh you're Pearl. Sorry!
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Lemme fill you in.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have a miele G692sc plus dishwasher the drain/inlet light keeps coming on.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I took the filters apart and cleaned them and ran a dishwasher cleaner through. Then I cleaned the impeller and then took off the bottom and chekced the float valve. All good. Took off the waste pipe and blew through it and found no resistance. Put it all back together and still the light is on.
there was water in the waste pipe so I looked at the other end of the waste but it was clear and water seems to flow donw the sink ok.
After resetting the power/start button the pump just keeps on pumping, so i cannot start a cycle. When it last ran it stopped before washing so the drain must be the issue. Only thing I haven't tried is to disconnect the waste outlet and to try and drain straight out, but it's late here now so maybe tomorrow!
Not entirely how old the unit is.
8/16/2017
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

There are three ways that light will come on.

1. If the unit cannot pump out.
  2. If the water will not fill at the start of the cycle.
  3. If the heater pressure switch doe snot detect the water level correctly.

So, that leads me to the following questions.

1. Is there water that is not draining from the tub?
  2. Is the unit filling okay at the start of the cycle?
Hi Kelly,The unit appears to fill ok and if I fill it with water it will drain but once the water gets to the last couple of cm (the amount that usually sits there) the pump continues. I wonder if there is a sensor that isn't working as the pump just keeps on going.I already cleaned the impeller and the non return valve and blew through the waste pipe to make sure there was no blockage.Thanks
I forgot to say that I took the bottom panel off to check for the float valve underneath but it has free movement and appeared to be functional.
Ok thanks. I'll try that tomorrow. I recognise the part from previous investigations. I already checked the float switch which was dry and appeared to function. If cleaning the pressure switch doesn't work, I will meter the float switch.I'll report back tomorrow.ThanksGraham

Sounds good, thanks, Graham!

Hi Kelly,Took off the pressure pump and gave it a lot of rinsing and shaking. Have it a gentle blow to check the diaphragm had movement (it did) so dried it and replaced it and the machine got through the initial drain but is now stuck in the second drain.Am guessing this means that the switch is defective and needs to be replaced?Is it a generic part or do I have to go to Miele to get a replacement?Or is there something else I should be checking?ThanksGraham
Update: the machine is now leaking water during a cycle. I took the pressure switch off and cleaned it again. Was on the cycle and water was leaking. Am investigating door strips and cannot see a leak underneath.
Update 2: Pump constatntly running but leak seems to have stopped after I cleaned the door seals!

I do believe the pressure switch is faulty and will need to be replaced.

Ok thanks.Anywhere in particular to get one or just google?

The site below handles their parts.

CLICK HERE

Thanks Kelly.Just looked and the water inlet is different to the unit in the dishwasher.Will google until I find one.I'll report back.Thanks

Hmm, that is the same model number??

I believe that is the one below.

CLICK HERE

Perfect.ThanksWill get it ordered!Expensive toys, Miele!

Indeed! :~)

Sorry, I forgot you were in the UK.

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive zero credit for my work. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!

Yep Inchanged it to co.uk already : )

Ok, good, sorry about that. Thank you!

Kelly, you are an expert!Managed to grab a pressure switch from a local repair place for £20 and popped it in and am currently washing dishes! Hopefully it'll make it through!Will let you know.How do I pay you for your excellent advice?ThanksGraham

Nicely done! There is a star scale at the top of the page, 5 starts I believe, You rate 1-5 on that scale. Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Ok. Looking on a mobile so can't see that but will log on using a computer and do that.Thanks again!

Thank you so much!

Hey Kelly,I spoke too soon.It did one run empty and has now got stuck on a draining part of the program.Every time I tipped the dishwasher there was a lot of water in the bottom so am thinking that maybe it's the float switch being activated, in which case I guess I need to find the leak, but I already look for an obvious leak and couldn't find one.Around the two main hoses and the pressure switch was dry.Any ideas?

Is there water in the base? I would look at the drain hose for any pin hole leaks.

There was water in the base every time I took it apart. The outlet to the drain is a solid pipe.

Can you run it with a panel off to see if it is dripping anywhere that you can see?

Not really. The front panel only covers another panel which is structural. Would need to get it on a bench I guess but am in the kitchen which is too small to do that.
I just moved it with the pump running and it stopped the impeller. Then nothing happened. So I pressed start to stop the cycle and then start again to resume. I can hear a relay clicking on the main board but nothing is happening. It seems to have done an initial wash. And now the inlet/drain light is flashing again.
Moved it again and the pump ran for a second and then stopped. The inlet drain light is now off.

If there is water leaking and it actuates the flood program, it will cause that. We need to see where the leak is.

It must be the float switch triggering the pump every time I move it.
Ok. How best to find that?

The only way is to watch as it washes to see where the leak is coming from, unless there is a water trail that you can see.

No can't see a trail. So will tip it back to empty it and then put it on blocks to try and see!

Okay, good luck hunting! :~)

As I feared, it looks like the seal between the motor and the impeller on the circulation pump. Will try to upload a video.

Ah, crap, yeah that is not good.

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

Holy mother of Bod! Is the deal not replaceable?

No, there is no seal kit for those, unfortunately. That is the way with most manufacturers now.

Well I guess I'll be getting a new dishwasher then! The upside is I can now sell 2 pressure switches!

See the electronics and other parts from your old one, too! They will sell on eBay and help to recover the cost of a new one! I sell a lot of used parts! :~)

*Sell not see....

List them by the part numbers on that site!

OK good tip.Thanks for the help. Was searching for a partition kit but cannot find one. Really annoying!
Would this be the part that I need? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ORIGINAL-Gasket-Gummi-Circulation-pump-head-Pump-pot-Dishwasher-Miele-5229531-/122409512691?epid=697363816&hash=item1c802ceef3:g:UDcAAOSwZVlXji05

No, that is the seal in the sump that the plastic port goes into. You need the seal in between the motor and the housing.

I don't think so, it goes around the nozzle on part 1.

Ah ok. Might just pull it apart and take a look as have nothing to lose at this point!

Yeah, it used to be that you could get a seal kit and rebuild the pump part of those. I have not seen any of those kits for several years now, though, for any manufacturer.

I found the plastic part with seal and impeller for around £100. Not sure if it's worth it or not. Might just get some marine silicon and try to seal it that way. If that doesn't work then I'll strip it.

Well good luck, hopefully it holds and no floor damage! :-)

Will see! Found a complete motor assembly for £40 but then if the seal is knackered it's a waste of time and money. WIll let you know.

Roger that, thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician