UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

I have an i20 error code on my Zanussi Electrolux ZSF6161

Hi Pearl, JA: I'll do all...
Hi Pearl,
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Good morning. I have an i20 error code on my Zanussi Electrolux ZSF6161 Dishwasher. The error occurred for the last time yesterday evening and will not clear. Brian
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is 10 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible. But I am not at home today. I am miles away at woek
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing else. Just wondering if you could please advise what the fault is and if it is fixable?
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/14/2017
James I
James I, Handyman

This fault suggests an issue with the draining of the appliance, has it stopped with water in the sump?

Hi James,It is at the beginning of a new cycle, and won't beginning washing with water. Afer 1 - 2 minutes I am obtaining this error message (i20)
There doesn't seem to be any water in the chamber of the machine itself. I have not opened any covers

The first minute of any cycle is designed to pump out any old water which may have been left from a previous cycle. I would imagine the pressure sensor which tells the appliance how much water is in the sump is faulty, and telling the washer there is still water in the dishwasher when there isn't any.

Start by removing the rear panel, and look for a pressure switch, this is normally attached by a small hose to the sump at the base of the dishwasher.

Hi James,Is it possible to purchase this pressure sensor as the machine is 10 years old? Is it easy to remove?Thanks,
Brian

Hi Brian,

Its showing you are based in the states is this correct, the part is available.

To locate the part for you I just need to confirm if your UK or US based.

Hi James,I am based in Ireland

No problem, the best place I can find is eSpares, the part costs around 45 Euro including postage and can be found here.

You can see from the picture what your looking for, its about 10 min job once you have got the dishwasher pulled out and removed the back panel.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Hi James,Many thanks.Regards,
Brian

No problem, so I can mark the case as answered please rate the service using the star rating at the top of the page. Should you need any further assistance you can reply back to this question within the next few weeks for further assistance.

James I
James I, Handyman
James I
James I
James I, Handyman