Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Beko de2431f dishwasher keeps tripping the RCD fuse box

Hello, My Beko de2431f dishwasher keeps tripping the RCD fuse box after about 15 to 20 minutes, any ideas?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Beko DE2432F, I've cycles on all positions and it fails as mentioned
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If i'm able to.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I've had the dishwasher about 4 years 2nd hand with no problems at all. I use it about once or twice a month and has only within the last couple of months started to fail

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question, Do you still need help on this?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Daniel, sorry for the delay in my reply, yes I still need help, thanks

Ok the most common cause of this is the heater element. It fails to earth as it gets hot and causes it to trip out.

What you need to do to confirm it is pull the dishwasher out and lie it on its back.

Then remove the metal base cover.

From there you will see the heater. Its a silver cylinder unit.

Disconnect the wires going to it and tape them up.

Then stand it upright and run the dishwasher and see if it runs without tripping. I know it wont heat and it will take longer then normal but if it doesnt trip then we know its the heater.

Then replace the heater unit and that should cure the fault.

So check that first and see what you find as let me know.

Hi

I see the question is still open here. Do you still need help on this?

If so then just get back to me.

But if not then if you could remember to click the star rating at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Daniel, I have done exactly what you have advised and the dishwasher trips the fuse box straight away, and this is even when the dishwasher is not on and hasn't done that before, although I haven't had it on for a long while. Rechecked again and it trips the fuse again.
I've found and ordered a new heater anyway and will change it. I'll let you know how it I get on.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Daniel I have replaced the heater but the fuse just blows straight just plugging it in without it being switched on! Any ideas?

Are you able to post a picture of the heater underneath so i can see the wiring please.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Daniel, as requested here are pictures of underneath, hope they are ok for you. Like I said the original issue was correct, however I hadn't plug in dishwasher for sometime and when I did, it knocks out the fuse box immediately. After replacing the heater and triple checking that all wires were good, fuse box still being trip just plugging it in and not switched on. So not sure what could be shorting it out without not doing anything!

Ok if its tripping out stright away then theres a direct short in there.

So check all the wiring and make sure there isnt a trapped wire somewere.

If it all looks ok then you need to disconnect the heater and motor again one at a time and see if it stops tripping out.

Failing that you may need a megger to be able to find the fault on this as this will pick up the short in there.