UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My samsung rs21 fridge is making a rattling noise when the…

Customer Question
Hi. My samsung...

Hi. My samsung rs21 fridge is making a rattling noise when the door is closed.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's the RS21DCMSI don't think it's ice build up because it's been off for the

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Probably around 5 years old Yeah if I can do it myself that would be great

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
The noise seems to be coming from a white box at the bottom back corner unit (under the freezer section)
The freezer temperature is within guidelines. But the fridge is too warm (around 8 degrees)
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/4/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

1. Does the noise get louder if you open the freezer door and hold the door switch closed?
  2. Or is it coming from the outside of the cabinet in the back?
Hi. It's coming from the back (a white box under the freezer compartment). It has lots of wires coming out of it

Thank you. Is it a fast clicking, like "chattering" of metal?

Yeah.
Is stops when we open the door.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

If you open up that box, the main PCB is mounted inside. The noise you are hearing is a relay (or more than one) chattering due to failure. The PCB will need to be replaced and is available below. All connections simply unplug and plug in making for an easy repair!

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive zero credit for my work. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.