UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have an exraklasse dishwaher and the on/off button has…

Customer Question
We have an exraklasse...

We have an exraklasse dishwaher and the on/off button has moved inside its casing so tah we can no long switch on and of. I took out the four screwsa which appear to release the control panel and provide access but it does not appear to lift free. any ideas and can i geta new switch. model is SE24A230GB/17

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Its a siemens extraklasee Model SE24A230GB/17

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I hope to.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The switch button moved out of place a couple of weeks ago but we were still able to switch on and off but now it has moved right out of position. We are unable to switch on,

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
7/31/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Elliott Oxton, Home Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Elliott Oxton
Elliott Oxton, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i have worked on appliance maintenance for over 15 years. I look forward to helping you out today with your Dishwasher issue.

Please five me a few moments so that i can review your issue fully and i will get back to you shortly.

Warm regards,

Elliott

Ok thanks. Have to go out in 15min so may have to pick up when i get back in.

Ok no problem. I will try and do a thorough review and get back to you later today then. If possible i will find some step by step guides of how to remove the panel to access the push button for you.

I think i have already sourced a push button spare so I will include that.

Have a good day and well be in touch later.

Warm regards,

Elliott

thanks

Just to confirm though. Do you have a warranty or service contract still valid?

Would hate to get you to do something that would go against this.

No warranty has run out and there is no service contract.
Not sure but when I paid the 13 pound via pay pay pal the system that it took my E mail. Also unsure it took my full mobile number so details again.
E mail [email protected] com
Mobile for texts: 07984 686424
Have a good day.

Thanks i will let the administrators know.

Ok so i have found some additional information that should assist you with opening the cover to replace the button.

Attached is an exploded diagram of the parts for the door. As you may be able to see on part number 369464, there are 4 screws on the underside of the plastic panel that should be removed before you can release the plastic part 369464 to access the button.

Before you can do this you may have to remove the part numbered 357842. This will has a screw on each side of the panel. There may be other screws that you can see. They maybe connecting the part above 369464. So if there are no more screws connecting this part 357842 you should be able to remove this cover to access the part mentioned above.

Im sorry that i have had to use the part numbers which may be a little confusing. If you look at the diagram it should make this a little less confusing. Let me know how you get on.

Regarding the part. You may find that you can reuse the button. It may have simple slid out of its holder that keeps it in position.

If it has broken then you can find a spare part below.

Option 1 from Siemens:

http://www.siemens-home.bsh-group.com/uk/sparepart/finder/detail/SE24A230GB/17#/tab=spare-section-3

Option 2 from partsmaster:

http://www.partmaster.co.uk/dishwasher/se24a230gb17/knob/catalogue.pl?shop=siemens&path=183865&model_ref=778741&refine=knob

Before you order from either company make sure to confirm the model number of the appliance matches their description.

I hope this information helps. I will be looking out for your responses if you have any further questions.

I have opened up an option for you to rate my service to you. This is the only way that i receive compensation for my time from the site so i appreciate your feedback greatly.

We can continue to communicate after you have rated me.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Warm regards,

Elliott

Was any of this information of any use to you? Can i help anymore with this question that you have?

I hope your issue has been resolved. If not i am here to help.

Warm regards,

Elliott