UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

The Freezer High Temp light has come on, on my Hotpoint

Customer Question
AA364. What is the...
The Freezer High Temp light has come on, on my Hotpoint AA364. What is the problem and how can I fix it
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Its about 4 years old and FFA64 sorry
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The freezer is quite full at the moment
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: UK Appliance
Please get back to me as soon as you can as I have a lot of stuff I need to do something with if its not going to change quickly
7/27/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Has the freezer started to defrost or does it seem ok still?

Is the fridge section still cold?

Its all defrosting both fridge and freezer

Ok try this and see what you find if you.

Empty the freezer and from there remove the back panel inside the freezer.

Behind there is the evaporator. If this is covered in ice then you need to use a hairdryer and melt all the ice from there.

Once defrosted refit the back panel inside the freezer and then turn it back on and fingers crossed this sorts the fault out from there.

But if when you remove the back cover in the freezer and theres no ice in there then im afraid the compressor at the back is the fault and will need to be replaced. Now this isnt a diy fix as it will need to be regassed afterwards. But this isnt a cheap fix either so its probberly not really worth fixing.

But try the above first and see what you find and let me know.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician